*Please note: this event includes lunch. Please ensure you bring your laptop as you will actively prospecting during the event.
As hotel salespeople are looking for new leads to fill their pipeline for 2020 and beyond, Mining
for Virtual Gold will give you the tools to prospect more efficiently and with greater results
allowing you to dig up new leads and sales opportunities.
Attendees will learn how to:
Find groups putting their 2020 calendars together and call them before they book
with a competitor.
Find business for specific market segments
Find business for specific months
From competitive cities
From group paying the rates you desire
Find Business by group size
Find Business by industry
Find corporate business through hundreds of databases and searching for contact
names using search engines
Uncover great travel tools to share with current and potential clients. Show your clients
how to save money. This makes them happy and gives you a reason to call them each
month with new cost saving resources.
This training is designed to enable you to:
Determine where to start searching, taking into consideration market segments,
industry opportunities and time of year. You will learn to “think” differently when
setting up the search.
Learn tips and tricks to simplify using search engines to get desired information more
Have an enhanced awareness of the tremendous resources available on the Internet for
development of new business.
Work efficiently and accurately on the internet, utilizing time saving methods.
REASONS TO USE THE INTERNET FOR PROSPECTING
1. Find out who is staying at hotels, conference centers in competitive markets.
2. Find out what rates they are paying.
3. Find business looking at your city before they book their events.
4. Find e-mail addresses and contact names for mid-level staff in corporations.
5. Find contact information on Meeting Planners from a corporation.
6. Find databases for specific industries.
7. Use hundreds of websites by market segment to find your next customer, the
companies still holding meetings…energy, government, medical, pharmaceutical,
biotechnology, nanotechnology, transportation, etc. in your state or city.
8. Learn how to find past minutes to meetings, providing dates, locations for next meeting.
9. Learn how to profile a key account or target account using research techniques. Take a
key account and expand the meeting planners from 5 to 20 meeting planners.
10. Simple easy way to set up a successful sales blitz.
Bring your Gently Used Professional Clothing and be entered to win a $50 Gift Certificate for P2B Restaurant at the Pinnacle Hotel!
HSMAI British Columbia is partnering with Dress for Success and the CityReach Clothing Closet to donate professional attire for those in need. We will accept all men’s and ladies professional attire donations, however Dress for Success has identified the below as being the highest need items:
• Shoes: flats, low-heels, boots and block-heels
• Professional clothing in sizes 00-2 (XS) and 16-20 (XL-2X)
Ticket Sales Ended
No tickets are available for this event.